- This event has passed.
Community Event: Swap & Snacks
July 16, 2016 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Swaps and Snacks: A Community Wide Event with Adeline Yoga
Bring clothes and yoga items you are ready to swap. Hang out with your yoga community and walk away with items you love.
This event is for everyone!
All proceeds benefit the AYS Yoga Blessings Fund – a scholarship providing yoga to those who need it
Join us for a fun afternoon at Adeline Yoga
- Bring pre-loved clothes and props that you no longer want. Enjoy the items that others are ready to swap. Include your favorite cast-offs – items are just too big or too small to say in your closet anymore.
- Yoga props from the studio will be included in the swap including gently used yoga mats and setubanda benches
- Get access to deeply discounted yoga props for your home use – including gently used yoga blankets for $10 each
- Fun Door Prizes just for showing up!
- Tunes by MC Yogi Zain
- Sips and Snacks provided by our studio community
This is a donation-based event to raise money for the AYS Yoga Blessings Fund.
Recommended Donation: $10 minimum.
Everyone is welcome regardless of whether you make a donation.
Want to volunteer to help out at the event?
We will need volunteers to make all aspects of this event successful. If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com
What is a swap?
It is recycling at its best!
Here is how to do it:
- Survey your closets – pull out old clothes and items that you are not using anymore.
- Make sure they are clean, undamaged and still useable.
- Please bring CLEAN clothing. You can include scarves, belts, gloves, bags, handbags, hats, ties, coats and other fashion accessories to swap. Please do not bring bras, underwear or swimsuits.
- Come to the studio between 4:30 – 6:30 pm on Saturday the 16th
- Hang out and shop the tables. Take any items that you like!
- At the end of the day, remaining items will be taken to the Salvation Army.
Did you know that approximately 12 million tons of textile waste is generated each year in North America amounting to approximately 68 lbs of waste per household per year! Clothing swaps are a fun way to participate in eco-friendly and socially conscious clothing selection. All items not swapped will be donated to an appropriate charity after the event.
What is the Yoga Blessings Fund?
Any funds raised at this event will go to the Yoga Blessings Fund. The Fund offers partial and full scholarships for any class or workshop. Current students have donated classes and money to this fund in order to support others in our community. We built this fund to support current students if they lose a job or experience financial hardship. It is also for those who want a deeper yoga education, but cannot afford the longer, higher priced workshops. And, its for newer students who cannot attend the community classes due to their schedule.