- This event has passed.
May 8, 2021 @ 9:30 am
Iyengar Yoga FUNdamentals
6-week Course, May 8 – June 12 (Saturdays, 9:30 – 10:45 am PST)
With Hector Martinez & Heather Haxo Phillips
This fun six week course is specially designed for beginners. You will learn the foundations of Iyengar Yoga in a progressive way that supports your well being. Guided by expert teachers, this course will be a potent start to a meaningful and consistent yoga practice in community.
Iyengar Yoga FUNdamentals will help you:
- Get stronger and gain more mobility, reducing stiffness.
- Learn how to relax and relieve stress.
- Connect with your mind and breath.
- Feel empowered in your own body.
The course includes:
- Six live weekly classes with Hector that are designed to meet you where you are at.
- A video series with Heather designed to jumpstart your yoga journey.
- A 1:1 orientation and goal setting session.
- A library of recorded fundamentals classes.
- Support from highly trained teachers and staff who are there as your cheerleaders, providing guidance and answering your questions.
Upon completion of the course, you will be ready to enter Level I classes with confidence.
Tuition: $99 for the six week course
Open to members at no additional cost. You can apply the live classes to your membership and gain access to all the additional components of the course.
Already took fundamentals? You may purchase a discounted alumni pass.
Members and Alumni, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The highlight of this course are the LIVE classes with Hector.
We will not be sending recordings after each class.
You will receive weekly emails and library of recorded fundamentals classes to support you as a practice aid.
- Upon registration, you will receive a welcome package with details and some extra goodies!
- Approximately 60 minutes prior to each class you will receive a unique zoom log-in and specific instructions to login to your class. If you don’t get it, please check your spam box. Email email@example.com if you cannot find your zoom link.
- Please log-in 10 minutes before class starts. You will need that time to check in with Hector and get settled in.
- First time on Zoom with us? Check out our tip sheet. Our tips will help you feel ready and prepared!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Hector-Jairo Martinez (they, them) Hector is a certified Iyengar Yoga Instructor based in New York City. Hector came to Iyengar Yoga by chance. First began as a way to recover from an injury, then it evolved as a way towards self-love and acceptance. Hector apprenticed under the guidance of Theresa Rowland from 2008 to 2014 developing a nurturing relationship with the practice of Iyengar Yoga and life. For Hector, “Iyengar Yoga gives us a way to approach our bodies with friendliness and curiosity. In the journey, one uncovers ever growing potentiality and sees the unity and splendor of our own being.” Hector believes and engages in co-conspiring to create a present that celebrates the beauty of each being. They are nourished by family and friends, faith, yoga philosophy, nature and food which allows them the strength to pursue living their fullest each day and from time to time be a stiletto loving diva at night.