If you have a way with people and love to work with yoga studio administration, this opportunity may be the perfect job for you. It is a part-time position 15-20 hours a week. This position includes a hybrid of in-person shifts at our Berkeley studio several times a week, combined with remote work at home.
We are a busy one-room Iyengar Yoga center in the heart of South Berkeley’s Lorin District with an even busier online presence. We offer dynamic Iyengar Yoga-related programming such as asana, pranayama, yoga philosophy and other Vedic teachings. Adeline Yoga is a vibrant and creative community that draws students locally and from all over the world. Accessibility is at the heart of our work, with social justice a key component. We love to work both collaboratively and creatively. We welcome qualified candidates who can help us continue this important work.
You will welcome new students: conducting 1:1 orientation and goal setting sessions and help them get signed up for memberships. This is a sales position. You will help students identify their wellness goals and make recommendations of classes and programs where we can help. Your personable nature and attention to detail will help make new students’ experiences with Adeline Yoga effective and delightful.
We are fast paced studio with many exciting projects and a highly collaborative team. Every day brings new challenges and responsibilities! You must be outgoing and personable, not shying away from opportunities for connection. Your “ownership eyes”, entrepreneurial spirit and natural instincts for studio administration are a must.
The Student Support Coordinator is critical to the success of Adeline Yoga. The Student Support coordinator is responsible for welcoming new students and selling memberships. This is a student satisfaction and sales focused position. You are a voice of Adeline Yoga, guiding students so they feel comfortable and confident about what we do.
Your daily duties include:
- Handling the new student process including making welcome calls, booking appointments, having consults and doing the follow up effectively.
- Managing the flow of information by managing your spreadsheets and communicating with the admin team and teachers every shift.
- Anticipating the needs and pain points of new students, being proactive and creative in developing solutions to attract and retain students.
- Engaging with our marketing efforts.
You will have set front desk shifts each week so that you can interact with current and prospective students. Your shifts will include Tuesday afternoons and Saturday mornings.
This position comes at a very important time as we navigate the complexity of evolving Adeline Yoga through the time of Covid and emerging awareness about the urgent need for social justice in all realms of life. Your skills and intuition are critical to optimize our opportunities and help us fulfill our mission to be an inclusive, body positive space for everyone to practice all facets of Iyengar Yoga and build strong relationships with each other.
Adeline Yoga is committed to creating a compassionate environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a yoga studio, we are a team of talented people who gather to do their best work collaboratively. Our dedication to inclusion and multiculturalism is reflected in our actions and programming. We rejoice in our diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us fully human.
15-20 hours hours per week. For candidates who are interested, there is a possibility to expand this role and its hours. Please apply.
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Bonus opportunity based on performance
- Highly discounted membership to Adeline Yoga
- Growth potential within the company
Our ideal candidate has
- Project management and customer service experience
- An outgoing and personable personality. You are not shy about seeking opportunities for connection.
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail – you must love making lists and checking off your to-dos
- Friendly and professional phone and email etiquette
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for yoga and wellness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours, weekends and some holidays
- Strong computer, data analysis and reporting skills
- Punctual and reliable
Ready to apply?
Please submit your interest by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “student support coordinator position”.
(1) Name and contact info
(3) Cover letter which answers these questions:
- What about this role appeals to you?
- Why are you the best candidate for this role?
- This is a part time position. Are you okay with that?
- What is your target compensation for this position?
- What is a professional achievement you are proud of? What steps lead to this outcome?
- What books, people or other sources inspire your professional work? Please tell us about two of them.