Are you interested to use your people skills with a dynamic, one-of-a-kind yoga studio? Do you love Yoga and want it to play a bigger role in your life?
If you have a way with people and love to work with studio administration, this opportunity may be the perfect job for you. It is a part-time position 25 hours a week, with an option for more hours as our studio grows. This position works remotely, though you will need to come to our Berkeley studio regularly.
We are a busy one-room Iyengar Yoga center in the heart of South Berkeley’s Lorin District with an even busier online presence. We offer dynamic Iyengar Yoga-related programming such as asana, pranayama, yoga philosophy and other Vedic teachings. Adeline Yoga is a vibrant and creative community that draws students locally and from all over the world. Accessibility is at the heart of our work, with social justice a key component. We love to work both collaboratively and creatively. We welcome qualified candidates who can help us continue this important work.
You will welcome new students: conducting 1:1 orientation and goal setting sessions and help them get signed up for memberships. This is a sales position. And, it requires getting to know our teachers and programs well. You will help students identify their wellness goals and make recommendations of classes and programs where we can help. Your personable nature and attention to detail will help make new students’ experiences with Adeline Yoga effective and delightful.
The Student Support Coordinator is critical to the success of Adeline Yoga. You will be responsible for coordinating our student relations including assisting with new student inquiries, conducting studio orientations, selling memberships and managing the new student process. You should enjoy the entire process of coordinating student support, including orienting new students, sales, managing spreadsheets and working at our front desk – both virtual and in person. This position includes plenty of phone time, email and occasional social media work. You should have great people skills, excellent attention to detail and a passion for the work we do. We hope you will be excited to do FB/IG lives or record videos as a way to attract and connect with new students.
We are fast paced studio with many exciting projects and a highly creative team. Every day brings new challenges and responsibilities! You must be outgoing and personable, not shying away from opportunities for connection. Your “ownership eyes”, entrepreneurial spirit and natural instincts for studio administration are a must.
Responsibilities: The Student Support coordinator is responsible for welcoming new students and selling memberships. This is a student satisfaction and sales focused position. You are a voice of Adeline Yoga, guiding students so they feel comfortable and confident about what we do.
These efforts will involve a wide range of responsibilities both tactical and strategic. Your daily duties include:
- Handling the new student process including making welcome calls, booking appointments, having consults and doing the follow up effectively.
- Managing the flow of information between our teachers and administrative team. This includes managing your spreadsheets and communicating with the team.
- Anticipating the needs and pain points of new students, being proactive and creative in developing solutions to attract and retain new students.
- Engaging with our marketing efforts. For example, doing monthly FB/IG lives, recording videos and hosting open houses as a way to attract and connect with new students.
As Student Support Coordinator, you will have at “front desk” shifts each week so that you can interact with current and prospective students, keeping your finger on the pulse of Adeline Yoga’s rhythms. With this position, you can set your weekly work schedule. That will include regular evenings and weekend times that coordinate with the class and student schedule.
This position comes at a very important time as we navigate the complexity of evolving Adeline Yoga through the time of Covid and emerging awareness about the urgent need for social justice in all realms of life. Your skills and intuition are critical to optimize our opportunities and help us fulfill our mission to be an inclusive, body positive space for everyone to practice all facets of Iyengar Yoga and build strong relationships with each other.
Adeline Yoga is committed to creating a compassionate environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a yoga studio, we are a team of talented people who gather to do their best work collaboratively. Our dedication to inclusion and multiculturalism is reflected in our actions and programming. We rejoice in our diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us fully human.
25 hours hours per week minimum. For candidates who are interested in 25+ hours a week, there is a possibility to expand this role. Please apply.
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Bonus opportunity based on performance
- Highly discounted membership to Adeline Yoga
- Growth potential within the company
Our ideal candidate has
- Minimum 3 years project management and customer service experience
- An outgoing and personable personality. You are not shy about seeking opportunities for connection.
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Friendly and professional phone and email etiquette
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for fitness and wellness
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours, weekends and some holidays
- Strong computer, data analysis and reporting skills
- Punctual and reliable
If you are interested in this role and ready to participate, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your interest by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “student support coordinator position”.
(1) Name and contact info
(3) Cover letter which answers these questions:
- What about this role appeals to you?
- Why are you the best candidate for this role?
- This is a part time position. Are you okay with that?
- What is your target compensation for this position?
- What is a professional achievement you are proud of? What steps lead to this outcome?
- What books, people or other sources inspire your professional work? Please tell us about two of them.