Are you interested to use your marketing skills with a dynamic, one-of-a-kind yoga studio? Do you love Yoga and want it to play a bigger role in your life?
If you have a way with words and love to work with graphics while thinking about strategy, this opportunity may be the perfect job for you. It is a part-time position 20-30 hours a week. It can be done from anywhere, remote is ok.
We are a busy one-room Iyengar Yoga center in the heart of South Berkeley’s Lorin District with an even busier online presence. We offer dynamic Iyengar Yoga-related programming such as asana, pranayama, yoga philosophy and other Vedic teachings. Adeline Yoga is a vibrant and creative community that draws students locally and from all over the world. Accessibility is at the heart of our work, with social justice a key component. We love to work both collaboratively and creatively. We welcome qualified candidates who can help us continue this important work.
Marketing work with Adeline Yoga is an exciting, ever-changing job. We are fast paced studio with many exciting projects and a highly creative team. Every day brings new challenges and responsibilities! You should have “ownership eyes” and an entrepreneurial spirit with a natural instinct for the look and feel of our brand. You should enjoy checking for details and managing a timeline, whether it be catching typos or finding new photographs.
Responsibilities: Our studio emails, social media and website are the external voice of Adeline Yoga. You will be developing compelling materials to attract new students and support current students in a wide wage of programs including public classes, workshops, deep study immersions and much more.
These efforts will involve a wide range of responsibilities both tactical and strategic. Your daily duties include:
- Writing our newsletter and other organization wide emails sent 2 – 3 times per week. Your voice is absolutely critical to our success.
- Designing appealing graphics, newsletters, videos and other materials. We use Canva for nearly everything.
- Managing the social media calendar while writing and designing postings.
- Managing photographs – our archives and new photoshoots.
- Collaborating with students, teachers and our leadership team to promote events and meet organizational goals.
- Playing a leadership role in the growth of the organization and its mission.
As Marketing Coordinator, you will have at least one of our online “front desk” shifts each week so that you can interact with current and prospective students, keeping your finger on the pulse of Adeline Yoga’s rhythms. With this position, you can set your weekly work schedule. Ideally, that would include one or more weekend days a month.
This position comes at a very important time as we navigate the complexity of evolving Adeline Yoga through the time of Covid and emerging awareness about the urgent need for social justice in all realms of life. Your skills and intuition are critical to optimize our marketing opportunities and help us fulfill our mission to be an inclusive, body positive space for everyone to practice all facets of Iyengar Yoga and build strong relationships with each other.
Adeline Yoga is committed to creating a compassionate environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a yoga studio, we are a team of talented people who gather to do their best work collaboratively. Our dedication to inclusion and multiculturalism is reflected in our actions and programming. We rejoice in our diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us fully human.
20-30 hours per week
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Bonus opportunity based on performance
- Highly discounted membership to Adeline Yoga
- Growth potential within the company
Our ideal candidate has
- At least 2 years related professional experience, a passion for yoga and Adeline Yoga’s mission and a demonstrated commitment to social justice.
- Stellar writing and editing skills with attention to detail and an eye for crafting and designing copy
- Demonstrated design experience working with photographs and words, and even short video
- Experience crafting a brand, whether it be your own social media platforms or an organizations
- Strong communication skills as both a leader and team player
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- The flexibility and savvy to adapt and lead within this dynamic industry
Social Media Platforms: FaceBook, Instagram
Central Softwares: Canva, Planoly, Constant Contact
Proficiency in Mindbody is a plus as you will be working with reports
If you are interested in this role and ready to participate, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your interest by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “marketing coordinator position”.
(1) Name and contact info
(3) Two marketing graphics you made that you are proud of. They could be fliers, advertisements, IG posts, posters or something similar.
Cover letter which answers ALL these questions:
- What about this role appeals to you?
- Why are you the best candidate for this role?
- This is a part time position. Are you okay with that?
- What is your target compensation for this position?
- What is a professional achievement you are proud of? What steps lead to this outcome?
- What books, people or other sources inspire your professional work? Please tell us about two of them.