ASSISTANT STUDIO MANAGER
Are you interested to help manage an exciting, growing yoga studio while joining a one-of-a-kind community? Do you love Iyengar Yoga and want it to play a bigger role in your life? Adeline Yoga is hiring an Assistant Manager. If you are highly organized, goals oriented, and love to think about the big picture while managing the details, this is the perfect job for you. This is a part time position, located in South Berkeley.
Running Adeline Yoga is an exciting, ever-changing job. Every day brings new challenges and responsibilities!
We are a busy one-room Iyengar Yoga Studio in the heart of South Berkeley’s Lorin District. It is an exciting studio with many different types of programs, drawing students locally and regionally. We love to work collaboratively and work hard on our relationships. We love Brene Brown. We welcome someone who can help us continue our growth.
Day to Day Studio Management: You will help keep Adeline Yoga running like clockwork. This will involve a very wide range of responsibilities including fielding client inquiries, keeping track of payments, assisting with some HR details, helping with special events and much more. Proficiency in Mindbody is a plus as you will be working with reports related to revenue, membership, attendance and student retention.
Sales: You will be involved with all aspects of the sales experience. You will work at the front desk signing in students every shift, and manage our front desk team. As a manager, you will oversee scheduling and quality of the sales experience. You will be an important part of our sales team, helping to match students with the right package option for them.
Programming Logistics: You will work closely with the studio owner and teachers to handle many logistics for our public classes and workshops including tracking sub schedules and overseeing program details such as rosters, payment and other registration details. You will also play a key role in facilitating logistics for our deep study programs such as retreats, Sadhana Studies, Yoga for Life and Yoga Vidya.
Marketing: You will play a hand in on-the-ground marketing efforts in the neighborhood including making materials and creating partnerships, updating MBO and the website, printing weekly announcements and working directly with teachers to get out the word about their classes. You must have strong writing and editing skills with attention to detail.
20+ hours per week. The weekly schedule will be be 8:30 am – 12:30 pm or 2 – 6 pm Monday – Friday, with a Saturday and Sunday shift required one weekend per month. Within a year, this will likely grow to full-time position of 30+ hours per week that includes 2 evening shifts per week.
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Monthly bonus opportunity based on performance
- Membership to Adeline Yoga
- Growth potential within the company
Our ideal candidate has at least 4 years related professional experience, knows how to navigate MBO and has a passion both for the yoga industry and Adeline Yoga’s mission.
This means you have:
- A mind for organizations and systems: You have strong leadership skills. You are able to work independently and with a team while being highly organized. You are excited to use analytical skills and intuition to optimize strategies and processes. You can manage many projects with multiple moving parts and deadlines.
- Great people skills: You enjoy being at the front desk, selling memberships and services and managing teams.
- Problem-solving skills like none other: You enjoy making decisions related to high levels of customer service. You can manage a timeline and think on your feet whether it be catching typos, welcoming students with service animals or tidying uneven curtain ties.
- A love of learning and working together. We are close-knit community where you will be getting input from students, teachers and others on the management team. You need to be someone who likes to learn and is comfortable both receiving and giving feedback.
Your success will depend on being:
- Goal oriented
- Highly adaptable and relishing change within this dynamic industry.
- An excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Professional, punctual and reliable.
- Trustworthy with an ability to handle confidential information.
- A natural coach, enjoying working as a team-player in our collaborative, harmonious and creative work environment
Adeline Yoga is committed to creating a compassionate environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a yoga studio, we are a team of talented people who gather to do their best work. Our dedication to radical inclusion and multiculturalism is clearly reflected in all of our actions. We rejoice in our diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, income, religion, national origin and all of the other fascinating characteristics that make us fully human.
If you are interested in this role and ready to support our vision, we’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your interest by emailing the following information to email@example.com with the subject “assistant manager position”
-Name and contact info
-Cover letter which answers these questions
- What about this role appeals to you?
- Why are you the best candidate for this role?
-What is your target compensation for this position?
-Choose two of these scenarios to answer in your cover letter:
- Tell us about a time when you had to work on a project independently and drive it to completion with little input from your manager.
- What is a professional achievement you are proud of? What steps lead to this outcome?
- Share an example of a time when you were able to motivate others, improve team morale, and increase team performance.